Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Trip to Mecca


Last weekend I had the chance to finally go to a game at Wrigley Field, which was awesome. Only Yankee Stadium and Fenway to go.

Thanks to Bekah (far left) and Jessica (next to me) for the experience.

All are allowed to be jealous.

The stadium itself is just historic and awesome. The seats are comfortable and much better set up than the also-old Shea Stadium in New York. The Ivy isn't quite as cool in person, but it doesn't have to be. Oddly enough, there isn't a video scoreboard (although there is that huge hand operated scoreboard in center field that is extremely high on the kickin' scale). The lack of video meant, however, that I wasn't subjected to random pictures of wives carrying babies in uniforms. I can deal with that. Unfortunately, I also missed out on the random shots of attractive people. Can't have everything, I suppose.

I highly recommend not using Ticketmaster. The markup we got from one of the many scalpers outside was less than we would have paid using the "legal" method, and the seats were far superior as well.

As for the game itself, I was able to see Albert Pujols and Chris Carpenter in person, which rocked. Pujols had a bad game (single, double play, two K's), while Carpenter looked good against the Cubs terrible lineup. Saw a few absolute bombs, including a solo shot by Chris Duncan that just flew out to right.

The fans are far more involved. I liked them. Not the latte-sipping pansies of our fair city.

I hope to go back again soon.

Oh... and shout out to Nate for the Kazakh shirt. I get more questions about it than any other bit of clothing in my wardrobe.

posted by Gavin @ 3:47 PM  1 comments

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Hillary said...

Glad you got to go to Wrigley. It's full of some fun memories for me. And...your Kazakhstan shirt is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...