Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

When A Strike Isn't A Strike


Sweet Mother of Mercy.

Wow.

No excuse for that horrible call. No excuse. The arm went out, signalling the third out of the inning. You can bet your britches that Josh Paul would have tagged A.J. if he had dropped that ball. Every White Sox player was a tad sheepish in the post-game press conference.

This ALMOST makes me want to cheer for the Angels, until I realize how much I hate them, especially the Scrapster Extraordinaire, Darin Erstad.

When I make a bad call at work, I have quoted a research paper incorrectly or given a student a slightly lower (or higher) grade than they deserve.

When an umpire completely botches a game like that, they have tarnished the rest of the series and the MLB postseason.

Harsh? Yes. But true.

"....I shot the Rally Monkey, but I didn't shoot his deputy....."

posted by colin_hesse @ 10:44 AM  0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...