Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ultimate Explosion!!

Let's forget for a second that Colin in his post below actually called the Eagles a "High Probability" (the same Eagles who are not even first in their own division) and had the one-loss Buccanneers a "Possibility" to reach the playoffs and chat about other, less stupid, topics. Seriously, Colin has a sinus infection and is on a lot of meds. We can all cut him some slack. Pete Prisco appears to be on permanent medication and he deserves to be fired.

- I was going to write that Pete deserves to be "beaten severely around the head and shoulders" but that seems to be in poor taste considering what the Hawks are now dealing with. Our prayers are with Ken Hamlin. I have to admit I am a little sick of all the "what would Jesus do" articles flying around out there. I go to bars. I drink. I don't get into fights, but I'm also a pansy. To question Ken Hamlin's commitment to the Seahawks such as Steve Kelley did today was idiotic. Most of the fans who go to Hawks games get trashed around lots of people and I have personally been around three fights in the stands. In the meantime, thankfully we have a suitable replacement in Marquand Manuel. I actually felt before the season that either Hamlin or Boulware was going to get hurt (not in this fashion, of course), because they both were healthy all last season. It's cyclical. If you want a mess, check out Minnesota. Not just the sex party, but throughout the organization. Man I'm glad I'm not a Vikings fan.

- I feel that we should beat Dallas. I don't like the Cowboys very much (and agree with Colin in the post below). I read scouting reports like this and believe it more.

- Tim Rattay is gone from San Francisco. This means it's only a matter of time before Cody Pickett moves into the starter's role. Go Huskies!

- Again, I just don't care about the Sonics yet. I'm not that big of an NBA fan to begin with, and so it takes until the regular season to pull me in at all.

posted by Gavin @ 3:26 PM  1 comments

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger colin_hesse said...

Gavin, your jealousy of my genius is SOOOOO transparent.

Reason for Philly: They still look like the best team in the NFC right now.

Reason for Tampa Bay: Two words.... Chris Simms

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...