Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Reason for Optimism: Washington Huskies

One of the worst regular football seasons of my lifetime has to be last year's performance of our hometown college team. Colin and I will preview this closer to their first game with Air Force, but suffice it to say that they gave "suck" a whole new meaning.

However, I cannot stress enough how much I like Tyrone Willingham. Not only has he started to recruit well (next year is already shaping up pretty darn well), but he has instilled a different attitude into some talented players. That's right... we have a lot of talented players at many positions. It's all about those players actually accomplishing something.

This team may not go 6-5. They may not even go 5-6. But I believe they will compete, and that's what I'm asking for this year. My optimistic view is that they will surprise a lot of people. That's my buzz.

These 10 questions are a good place to go for quick info on the club...

posted by Gavin @ 1:59 PM  0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...