Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Fantasy Update: Colin 6, Gavin 3

Colin (Omnimedia Corp) has an insane start to his week. Here are the highlights...

Victor Martinez - 1 HR, 6 total bases (TB), 3 RBI
Manny Ramirez - 1 HR, 7 TB, 2 runs, 4 RBI
Trevor Hoffman - 1 save
Jake Peavy - 1 win, 13 K, 8 shutout innings with a .38 WHIP

This adds up to Colin winning in the following categories:
RBI with 10, TB with a nuts 21, OBP with a nuts .412, Saves with 1, ERA at a nuts 0.00, and WHIP with a nuts .56.

Luckily for me, this shouldn't last. Here are the highlights for me (Branningan's Love - hopefully you watch Futurama to get the name)...

Vlad Guerrero - 1 HR, 6 TB, 4 RBI
Vernon Wells - 1 HR, 4 TB, 3 RBI
Chris Carpenter - 1 win, 8 K, 1.13 ERA, .75 WHIP
Andy Pettitte - 1 win, 8 K, 0.00 ERA, .86 WHIP

Unfortunately the rest of my lineup was flat out awful so I have this amazing .237 OBP for day one. Luckily Vlad and Vernon kept me afloat so I am within striking distance of RBI with 9 and tied on runs with 4. So I'm winning in the following categories:
Fewest K's for my lineup with 5, Wins with 2, and K's for my pitchers with 25.

Also yesterday against Seattle both Bobby Crosby (me) and Eric Chavez (Colin) had opportunities to do damage and both fell through. Maybe we can continue that string the rest of the series.

Highlights for today...
Oliver Perez (Colin) going up against the Nationals
David Ortiz (me) going up against Kevin Millwood, off the DL
Vlad Guerrero (me) going up against Chan Ho Park and Texas
Alfonso Soriano (Colin) against Bartolo Colon (can you say 3 K's?)

posted by Gavin @ 3:32 PM  1 comments

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Sammy Duran said...

it was pretty awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...