Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Don't Feel Much Like Blogging...

Go to USSMariner for excellent coverage of the MLB draft, go to Sports & B's to talk about DJack's stupid holdout, or go to Lookout Landing for, as always, a terrific look at the M's minor league teams.

Today I found out that my advisor and closest professor here at Arizona State was diagnosed with lymphoma (cancer of the lymph nodes). I won't post his name since I don't know how many people he would be comfortable knowing. What I will say is that he is a fantastic teacher and a good friend as well, my favorite aspect of being a grad student at ASU. The results are preliminary, but it is likely that the strain is incurable, but possibly not terminal. On days like these, sports takes on a little less importance.

I know he would appreciate your thoughts and prayers, as I will be doing as he starts the hard road towards (hopefully) recovery.

posted by colin_hesse @ 4:42 PM  0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...