Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Do The M's = The Tin Man?

If we win today, the PI points out that the Mariners will finish the month of June with a .500 mark. That will be a moderate success, but this is still a puzzling team, notably the lack of offense. The Devil Rays are a better offensive team than us. The Devil Rays! I am ready to believe that there is something psychologically wrong with this team, the same lack of heart that I have seen from previous years. I want to see players cussing each other out, or cussing out the media. I want to see Hargrove being tossed, or relievers punching their fists in the air after a big strikeout. I can tell that Sexson is that type of person. I can tell that Guardado is that type of person. I can also tell that they are not the leaders on this team. I am the biggest Moyer fan, but his quietness is seeming to weigh on the rest of the staff. He is the leader of that rotation, and I need to see him call out Meche or Piniero. Get Boone out so that Beltre and Sexson can take charge of the hitters, calling out Olivo or Winn. I don't know whether these thoughts are reasonable. I just want to see more heart and character, the type that I see on the A's, Red Sox, or Orioles.

posted by colin_hesse @ 1:53 PM  0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...