Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Cheer for the Dolphins?

I have to admit it... I've always been a closet Miami hater. Their uniforms are godawful ugly, they always have more hype than potential, and ever since Dan Marino have played a very poor brand of offensive football. I never have been able to understand the media always picking them to be a division winner when they were trotting out Jay Fiedler at quarterback, and reveled in my superior knowledge when the latest late-season collapse occurred.

With all that said... I like Nick Saban. In fact, the more I read about him the more I like him. I like that they hired Randy Mueller. I will root for Mueller and Saban to find some success. I will root for the team to get out from under the bus that Ricky Williams and David Boston buried them under. I will root for Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor to play for a winner. However, I don't think it will be this year. What do they have? They lose Patrick Surtain on the defensive side, still don't have a quarterback/wide receiver/offensive line. Not a good team. But I do like Nick Saban.

posted by Gavin @ 1:39 PM  0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...