Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Friday, May 20, 2005

Thank you, Bill Simmons

Thank you for realizing, as I did, how much Manu Ginobli sucks. He even used the same example that Gavin and I did; that of the World Cup player who flopped all over the place, and then objected when he was actually hit. Gosh, I just hate (strong word, sorry) that guy right now, and that is why I will be cheering against the Spurs for the remainder of Ginobli's and Bowen's respective careers.

Best storyline: The Seattle crowd reclaimed its rightful place at the top of the league. Sure, Arco is great, but I remember the crowds of the 90s, raucous and loud. You just knew that the Sonics would get more energy, and there really was such a thing as home-court advantage.

I will have more to say on this later, just coping from the loss.

Writer run-down:
Steve Kelley
Art Thiel
John Levesque (I wouldn't recommend it)

posted by colin_hesse @ 1:44 PM  0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...