Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Early Struggles of Sexson.... and Beltre

The PI has an interesting article on the travails of Sexson at the plate. I have to admit, I am a little tired of seeing him strike out, but I really believe in both him and Beltre.

Take Beltre, especially. His average is terrible and he only has one home-run. Then why do I enjoy watching him at the plate? Because I see a good, good hitter up there. Someone who does what is necessary for the team, whether that is a sac-fly or a ground ball the other way. His power numbers will come. Heck, he should have had a few more home-runs that he has gotten robbed. Remember the ball he hit against Paul Byrd in Anaheim? He crushed that ball, and I still have no clue how it didn't leave the park.

Sexson and Beltre will be fine. I still give them some weeks, or even a few months, to get the AL kinks worked out, and I'll be happy with their successes.

As for Randy Winn...

Gavin: I agree with Colin, Sexson's bat will turn around. He still projects to have 35 home runs and 136 RBI. Not too shabby. Beltre exudes confidence at the plate. He gets jammed too much inside, but shows decent contact and doesn't strike out with men on base. These slumps happen. We all shouldn't start freaking out quite yet.

posted by colin_hesse @ 12:08 PM  0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...