Crushed Optimists

We are twin brothers who grew up in Central Washington. This blog is devoted to the life of Seattle sports fans, as well as various other topics that we will espouse for your enjoyment. We could be called another OFFICIAL SEATTLE SEAHAWKS site, but we'll take our uneducated crack at the Mariners, Sonics, and Huskies as well. A Seattle Sports Blog? Must be the land... of crushed optimism!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Zags: Defense!!

Bud Withers has an interesting article out today in the Times about the lack of defensive intensity the Zags elicited during the game against Texas Tech. Withers quotes an ex-coach as saying the Zags just need to get more athletic in the backcourt.

I guess. I'm just not convinced, from what I saw, that defense lost them that game. I saw a lack of heart and overall intensity from everyone not named Adam Morrison. Did that impact the defense? Most assuredly. Did the lack of defense CAUSE the lack of heart? I don't think so. There just seemed to be something a little off during that game. If anyone has a better idea than I do (and that is not too hard to do) please shoot me a comment.

My solution? Get away from playing that zone for large stretches of the game. A zone breeds standing still, sapping away energy. Get some full-court pressure. Make sure your defensive intensity is breeding offensive intensity.

As I write this, maybe, in the end, I am agreeing with Withers. I am still a confused man from last Saturday. A hurt, confused man. I need about 97 more hugs from the Huskies come Thursday.

posted by colin_hesse @ 10:45 PM  0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


We Wrote These...